Category Archives: Projects
Even though I use my phone and blue tooth speaker for tunes when I’m driving Mabel around town, I really wanted a period correct radio to fill in the dash. After months and months of searching, I came across a vintage NOS Tenna Ranger AM radio for Volkswagen. Sold as an aftermarket accessory for use exclusively in VW, complete kit includes radio, faceplate, mounting accessories, etc. Radio can be used in either 6 volt systems or 12 volt systems, voltage can be set on the back. Popular accessory sold years ago to install a radio in a VW in models that were not factory equipped with one, or as a replacement for the original radio. So, even though it’s not a factory radio, I only paid 50 dollars for a working, NOS radio that looks just like the factory radio and it’s period correct. Not to bad.
Added a new wallpaper to download for your desktop and/or mobile device. Picture was taken on December 13th, 2015 in Russell Kentucky. Temperature was 73 degrees, to nice not to get the Beetle out for a nice drive and a photo op. Click here for more HD Wallpapers.
One thing I wanted to do to our new Camaro was install the same splitter available on the ZL1. After looking at numerous aftermarket splitters, I decided to go with a stock GM supplied splitter. (part #22997426) I also wanted it painted matte black to match the rear fascia. Unfortunately, I couldn’t order it in matte black, but I could order in gloss black. So I ordered the gloss black splitter and 3 days later, it was delivered. Installing this isn’t for the faint hearted. The splitter is a functional accessory that changes the aerodynamics of your vehicle. It’s not a cheap, snap-on piece of plastic. The mounting hardware is precise and if you don’t install it correctly, you can easily screw up your front clip. The splitter has 42 mounts that hold it in place and if you don’t install the mounting hardware correctly, it simply will not fit correctly. A very costly mistake. The first evening, I spent many hours sanding the gloss black splitter with 800 grit sandpaper, prepping the surface for the matte black paint and cleaning it thoroughly before painting it. This was the easy part. By the next morning, the paint was dry and turned out perfectly. Next came the hard part. Installing the mounting hardware was very nerve wracking. I was about to drill 25 holes into the front clip of a brand new car. Needless to say, I measured more than 1 time. More like 30 times. Once I was satisfied I had the mounting hardware where it needed to be, I started drilling. A couple of hours later, the mouting hardware was secure and it was time to fit the splitter. It fit perfectly and I was relieved. So, if this is something you’d consider doing to save yourself about 300 dollars, I say go for it. Just be patient. Measure more than once, twice or even three times. I’m very pleased with the end result.