Had a busy night after work today. Was going to wait until tomorrow to tackle these projects, but it was so nice outside that I decided to do it this evening. Cracked open a few Michelob Ultra’s, restarted the first season of Breaking Bad on the garage tv and went to work. First task was to remove the front seats. They came out surprisingly easy. Next I cleaned up the seat frame and rails on the floor pan and gave them a fresh coat of paint. Made a jig to hold the springs that assist in moving the seat frontwards and backwards and gave them a fresh coat of paint. While all of that was drying, I installed the new e-brake boot. What a pain in the ass that was! But after a few choice words and a couple of beers, I finally got it on. I also got power to the new vintage fog lights. I know that they’re not everybody’s cup of tea, but I like them. They come on when the low beams are on. I also have the indicator on the speedo come on when the fog lights are on. I’m using the ATF temperature light since mine is not an auto stick. I also installed my new Hurst style shifter. Ended up being much easier than I thought it’d be. Then I cleaned up the seat rails, gave them a quick sanding and a fresh coat of paint, then put everything back together. Whole process took the entire first season of Breaking Bad and about 8 beers. All in all, I’m very satisfied.
(Visited 40 times, 1 visits today)