Burning Some Time
Starting my holiday weekend a bit early. Finished cleaning the OEM alternator stand. It was dirty, a bit pitted, but it’s the OEM part and I want to keep it, so I cleaned it the best I could. Some paint thinner, steel wool and and wire brush did the trick. Also joined it back with the re-finished oil filler and oil cap (with new gasket). Looks pretty good. I also started cleaning the alternator and fan and quickly realized I didn’t have a socket big enough to remove the fan, so I’ll have to make a trip to the auto parts store tomorrow to pick up a new socket (36mm). I’ve also created this page to keep track of bolt/nut size for those of you doing what I’m doing. A little bit at a time….!
(Visited 7 times, 1 visits today)